Soul Cleanser

GOSSIP:
- Rumor or talk of a personal, sensational, or intimate nature.
- A person who habitually spreads intimate or private rumors or facts.
- Trivial, chatty talk or writing.
 
 
Even if you don't spread the gossip you hear,
Or you tell that ONE person who won't tell anyone,
Isn't it all the same?
Doesn't listening to gossip dirty your heart?

It's an offense we are all guilty of.
"He said that he saw her over there talking bad about you."
"You know she's still on that stuff, right?!"
"He went over here and......"
"I'm pretty sure he's messing up again.."

It turns my stomach. It hurts my heart. It peeks my interest. 
I want to know. 
I want you to tell me. 
I'm not going to tell anyone, I just wanna know for myself.
But at what cost? 
 
Revert back to the WWJD.
Corny-but true. What WOULD Jesus do? Would he stop you from sharing your new-found 'knowledge'?
Would he listen only to NEVER repeat?
Do I REALLY want to jeopardize my mood, my souls light, my hearts heaviness, just to hear that she is still doing what she used to? That she's not doing what she's supposed to? That he was seen over here?

When does concern for someone,  turn into gossip? 
 
Lord Jesus, Son of the Most Holy,
How Divinely pure Your thoughts are!
Your Words only reflect wonders,
Parables worthy of searching minds.
I earnestly strive to parallel after You.
Tend to my need of respecting others,
That I may never gossip against anyone.
Guide me in the righteous path of life,
Where sensational gossip is non-existent.
If by Your will, my intervention is required,
Guide me to extinguish the attacks of others.
Jesus, You are the glorious light of truth!


 

Comments