HAWKWARD.....

I am so unbelievably awkward-it can sometimes be scary.
A good friend of mine lost her fiance to drugs. The anniversary of his death is coming up. 
She is going through THE EXACT SAME THING I did, and still do. 
I have absolutely no idea what to say to her. 
She sent me a long text message detailing word for word the pain that I have felt. 
And I STILL don't know what to say to her. 
The only thing I know how to do, is be there. The actual day is this Friday.
I have taken off work to just go sit with her, or watch movies with her, or cry with her......whatever it is she might need from me. 
It would have been nice to have gotten the same thing when it was so soon after Loma's death. 
People run from sorrow. Like it's contagious.

Comments

  1. Sometimes you don't have to say anything. When my mom died it was the people who just shut up and hung around with me who helped me the most. Because really, there are no words that can make it better so you're an awesome friend just for being there, even if there aren't words.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?