Smile for me

It finally happened. 
Someone finally spoke up about me being alone and said they felt bad for me.

OK--
I DO sometimes allow my situation to get me down. I mean, who the hell wants to be pregnant and alone? But my sadness only last for maybe 5 minutes, and then I am reminded of what an awesome support group I have. 
With all the changes that are going on with me emotionally and PHYSICALLY, I don't believe I would be comfortable with a man around. I am perfectly fine going through the bodily functions on my own. I prefer it that way. It's very hard to share myself with people, so having to share my everyday struggles with someone doesn't appeal to me. 
On the other hand, I am dealing with the everyday struggles-alone. I don't get to go home and discuss parenting ideas, baby names, or talk about her kicking. It's just me. 
But nothing happens by accident. This is the journey I am supposed to be on. I am supposed to be going at this full-heartedly and alone. And I am 100% ok with that. I am happy. I am growing. (literally) And I am excited.
My support group.
My support group is AWESOME. My mother has been so THERE for me it's unbelievable. To have someone there that is as interested in your pregnancy as you are is amazing. She has taken the role of supporting husband AND mother. I couldn't ask for more from her. It makes me smile from the inside when she gets all giddy only because she recognizes my "I just felt her kick" face. I couldn't do this without her. The friends that have rallied around me and given me nothing but encouraging words is just awesome. The people that I've met through church, the mothers that give me advice, the ladies on Facebook I continuously ask questions.....everyone.
Being a female, I lack the ability to go to baby showers to ohhh and ahhh at gifts and baby crap. Someone how though, when I found out that the girls were throwing me a baby shower, I cried. I think it's the sweetest thing  that these girls are communicating about a party...for me. Well, Lyric really...but the love they are showing me makes me so so so happy and feel so special that it's hard not to call them everyday and thank them and express to them how touched I am that they are doing this. I may ohhh and awww yet. :) Matter of fact, I'm sending them messages right now. I sure do love you gals. 
I just wanted to say all this to let you know--
I am happy. I do not dwell on the fact that I do not have a husband. I am strong and willing to do this alone. God has answered so many of my prayers and he continues to do so. DO NOT feel sorry for me in any way, for any reason. I have no complaints about anything right now. 


Besides.....guys smell.


Comments

  1. I dont feel sorry for you. I am PROUD of you. You're showing the whole world what you're made of, and that's strength and courage and perseverance. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

what do you think?