Reach

I believe, that at some point during a growth period, you need to take a moment to grieve the situation(s) you are overcoming. Shed those unhappy tears to make room for laughter, love, and HAPPY tears. 
Maybe admit to yourself how hard and lonely of a situation you've actually been dealing with. Allow yourself to feel the pain you've been shoving deep down inside. Make room for all those happy tears that you are about to experience. 
Just say it out loud.

This past year has been very difficult for me. I never imagined myself here. I never imagined I'd have to deal with something so life changing all on my own. This has brought me closer to some people  while at the same time causing a further distancing with others. This has been a very lonely growth period, but I don't know if I could have done it any other way. I am thankful for the changes in my life and thankful for the new friendships I have made. I am thankful for this lonely heartache I had to go through to get to the shinier, brighter, happier side. 
Those sad tears are now gone. Now there is a lighter happiness inside. 
 
I am a fucking woman. Hear. Me. Roar.

And again--who's up for Italian? 

Comments