No lace please

Ok...
I do not understand the "going home outfit" with newborns. 
I just don't get it. 
Why are you putting your daughter in that frilly, lacy dress just for her to crumble up into a 7 lb ball so that you can't even see this outfit? She looks uncomfortable dude-take that crap off.
Half the moms I have talked to don't even remember the outfit, or have no clue where it is now. 

I will not be putting Lyric into cute 3 piece outfits. A shirt you have to constantly pull down? A cardigan you have to keep correcting? Meh....she's getting a plain onesie until she can sit up on her own. Or at least hold her big ass head up on her own. 

No-I will not be dressing her up and taking fancy pictures of her. 
No-I will not be putting bows in her hair. 
No-she will not be getting her ears pierced. 
No-she will not be wearing baby jewelry.  

You give me the choice between "Mommy's Little Angel" or a solid color onesie...the plain one will win every time.She does however, have ONE package of headbands that have been approved. Plain , solid color headbands.

And the amount of "What?!?!?" I have gotten is crazy. "No, you'll change your mind"  Umm...no, I will not. 


Sorry to rant. 
I just really enjoy when judgmental people assume things. Assuming is AWESOME.

Now when grandma gets a hold of her......the dresses will flow.


Comments