Chaka Khan stole his sweater



My dad is going to be a very VERY grumpy, difficult, stubborn old man I think.
He hates doctors. He hates medicine. He hates not being able to do things.

When the times come for him to need help....lawd help.
This will be the time I will have to step up to the plate and take serious, direct charge of my dad's day to day life. Over his healthcare, over his finances, over his house. He will fight me....EVERY.STEP.OF.THE.WAY.
I don't see him doing very well in a home, so I will probably end up hiring full time help to stay at his house. Someone to stay with him and make sure he doesn't burn down the house when trying to fry spam. Someone to keep him from getting online in the middle of the night and ordering 100 machetes so he can get his troops ready. Someone to make sure he wears pants outside.

Since my dad is somewhat of a chauvinist anddddd racist...he will have black women taking care of him. Head strong, older black women who won't take any of his crap. 


When life hands you tough situations-you have to make light of them any way you can.

So when the day comes that my dad can no longer take care of himself, when Lisco's future is up in the air, when my toddler daughter is writing on the walls with permanent marker, and I get a phone call from my mom's neighbors telling me they found her naked in the front yard again.........

I'm going to have to laugh. 


The circle of life. You give your parents hell your entire life until the universe says "enough-your turn".

I'm going to have to laugh.

My parents already give me such a hard time now....that if I had enough money, I'd make ALL 3 OF THEM live together in a house. My stubborn, chauvinist dad. My grumpy, smart-ass step dad. My controlling, guilt trip giving mother.
Now THAT would be a reality show.

I'm going to have to take deep breaths...
and laugh.
Just laugh.







Comments