The Lord will fight for me. That means He carries upon Himself my struggles, my weaknesses, my sorrow and grief and pain. That means when a fiery arrow or whizzing dart, or more likely - a faith-cutting insult or a biting glance - gets thrown my way, He steps in and completely demolishes my enemy. And maybe this is childish of me, but when I think of God stepping in… it’s a major, bone-crushing, teeth-chattering, knee-shaking glory kind of step. The kind that turns everything around and brings the earth facedown. And when I say demolish, I don’t mean politely brush aside… I mean wrestler-showdown, knockout after knockout until the guy is stuck to the mat like a squashed housefly and he forgets which way is up, down, or around. I’m talking in epic, world-shaking terms. That’s what God does for me, for you, for anyone who stands under His name. That’s what kind of crazy, fearless, intense love God has for me.

Comments