Quirks

Quirk-A peculiarity of behavior; an idiosyncrasy

We all have them. Some of them are annoying as crap, others may seem cute.
My dad....my dad my dad my dad. (Insert head shake)
He has some of the most peculiar habits that he does on a regular basis.
He's just so damn hard-headed. Or 'set in his ways' if you will. 

I keep thinking lately of how I'm going to end up taking care of him. 
His health is still good, but let's face it, he is 69 and had a stroke. My brother sure in the hell isn't going to step up and help. So-I imagine one day I'll have to move in to his home and watch after him. 
Make sure he takes his pills, make sure he doesn't buy plane tickets to Africa to go hunting lions, make sure my brother doesn't clean him out of all of his money. 
It has been on my mind lately of how I will cope. 
How will I hear the same story 16 times in one day?!
How will I convince him to take his medication?!
How will I hide his medication in food?
How will I bring my two dogs with me when he is constantly vacuuming already with no pets?
How will I deal with my brother at work with my dad out of the picture?

And then I think of people that don't have the opportunity to "deal" with their fathers anymore.
For one reason or another. 
And then I think....How can I NOT deal? 
He's my father. Weird quirks, strange philosophies, confusing habits and ALL.

Comments