Approaching 30

Religion:   A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.

Spirituality:   The state or quality of being dedicated to God, religion, or spiritual things or values, esp as contrasted with material or temporal ones

Mantra:   A sacred verbal formula repeated in prayer, meditation, or incantation, such as an invocation of a god, a magic spell, or a syllable or portion of scripture containing mystical potentialities.

Affirmation:   Something declared to be true; a positive statement or judgment

Empathy:   Identification with and understanding of another's situation, feelings, and motives


I have never considered myself a religious person. Even growing up going to Mass every Sunday morning and Wednesday afternoon. 
On the other hand, I've always been a real spiritual person. Always connected to my deep, prayerful, loving side. My worshiping side. 
I collect positive words. I cut them out of magazines, print them off of websites, write them down in my journal, I even write them on my bathroom mirror. 
And mantras. I went through a quick 'meditating phase' in high school. Got very into yoga. Created my own mantra, and meditated for hours on end. I quit practicing my yoga as time went on, but I still try. 
Daily affirmations are something I've always done. Whatever is going on in my life at the time- I find something to say-to write. *I will love myself*
I feel like I've always been empathetic.  I've been able to put myself in someone else's shoes. And maybe not understand their own personal situation...but I at least have the understanding and knowledge that since I don't know their full story-I have no room to judge. 
God has given this all to me.

As situations have happened, relationships have blossomed and fizzled out.....I've been true to my core beliefs. Strong in my faith. 
Crap might be going wrong, or situations might test my abilities, but I've held onto the truth that good things will come out of every situation.
Worried less-Prayed more.
I AM DIFFICULT TO OFFEND AND QUICK TO FORGIVE.







Comments