She's used to saying goodbye.

They walked into my life at different times.
They all left their marks.
I loved each one in their own special way.

-I knew his name before we ever met. He was the crush I had for years.
It was love, and not the puppy kind. We were young and innocent. still learning.
Easily on my way to becoming a snob, he taught me to appreciate the little things in life.
We shared secrets. We shared dreams. We shared laughter. We shared heartache.
He was the only one who waited. Moments happened and decisions were made. The course my life was taking- drastically changed. I will always remember his beautiful eyes, the way he smelled, and animated stories...
my rhythm-less, shoeless, fisherman.
 
-The emotional, funny guy. I drew him pictures when he was alone in a room.
Our love was the supportive kind. He was devoted to me above all else. He placed me on a pedestal so high, that at times it was hard to see the ground. He was the first to meet the crazy. His hugs were the best. He knew I was full of shit-but he loved me anyway. I'll never forget his smirk, or his dorky hair, or his shaky hands...
my big, cuddle bear, ninja.
 
 
-He followed me from party to party.  His legs were long, his butt was a bubble, and his head was bald. We were such opposites, but we got along...
my lisping, fraternity, Yankee
 
 
-HIM. The first ever crush. The spiky blonde mullet. The life changer. He was unforgettable. He barely remembered me. After a "re-introduction", we became inseparable. His jokes were not funny, he had absolutely no rhythm,  and his hair was prettier than mine. He became my person. My reason. My only. My breath. I would have followed that beautiful soul anywhere, and I almost did. We made plans of family. We said forever- everyday.
He never saw 26. We never got to start our life. His sudden absence in my life left a void so big that the darkness of it scared me, and in fact still lingers.
He was beautiful. He was easy to love. He was charismatic. He was a chameleon with his style.  He was special. And now he's an angel.
I cherish the memories of the way he brushed his hair, or the anchor on his ankle,  those thick ass glasses he hated to wear, or the smell of his favorite cologne.....
my everything, story-telling, monkey.

-He tried. He gave it everything he had. He held me up. He eased the pain. He was a wonderful, loving man who gave me anything I wanted. He loved me through my darkness, my silence, the hate that I had grown. He waited for the day my heart would open up. He stood by me when sobriety was not my friend. His presence and his devotion are why I'm still here today. He is the most amazing, caring, loving, devoted, respectful man I have ever met. He deserved so much more than I could give.
I'll forever be grateful for the strength it took him to love me at such a raw time in my life....
my respectful, sun-screen slathered, red.

-The unattainable destroyer.  I was not at all prepared for the power he held.  He awakened me and brought me back to life. He gave me my smile back. His deep voice and contagious laugh gave me chills. Our physical connection was more powerful than anything before. I still should have run while I had the chance. He wanted nothing. I wanted everything. I meant nothing. He meant everything. I was devoted to him even though he was not mine.  He took with no intentions of giving. Karma came and knocked him down. I was there to pick him up. I gave him everything I could and loved him with all that I had, but his distorted reality claimed his thoughts. He projected his guilt and insecurities onto me. He brought me back to life, then he destroyed what he could. Addiction to people is real and he is my drug of choice.
I loved him dearly. I loved him hard. I loved him until it almost killed me.
The pain is so fresh....
my forbidden kiss, my Mexican reason, my high-fiving Tedow.

-The donor. Thumbs-up bro.


 

Comments