stuck




This guy here. Family friend turned step-parent nearly 20 years ago. It was rough beginnings. And middles. There was never any closeness, or bonding of any kind. Sensitive, supportive, or loving were not any of the words I would have used to describe him when I was growing up.
Fast forward to 3 years ago when the kid was born, and he turned into someone I did not recognize.
Overnight he became a protective, supportive, sensitive, excited, and concerned paw paw who not only loves the kid, but constantly dotes on her. She loves him, and he adores her. She has 10 fingers and he's wrapped around each one. She brought him to life. He's the only father figure she knows. Needless to say, they are smitten with each other.

Tomorrow he begins both chemo and radiation treatments to try and fight the large, aggressive cancer in his lungs.

For the first time in a very long time, my mind is not racing. My thoughts are frozen.


Comments