SilverLinings-Cause I'd Rather Be Pissed Off Than Pissed On. Right?

I wish I were dumb.
Well not like that....I mean just...
Ok. Check it-

I find that I'm happier when I'm blissfully unaware of things going on around me.
Cause inside my little bubble, I laugh more. I trust more. I'm more confident.
But in the outside world? Aw hellll no. I get anxiety. I'm sad. I feel lost.
The world is scary.
Weather freaks me out.
Criminals freak me out.
Talk shows that have ghetto guests freak me out. Well, not so much freak me out but more of a 'make me sad for society' kinda thing. I mean really bitch? You're 13 years old and you just said "ain't nobody coming at me mmeeeeerrrrkay"  to the audience. That's just plain ignorant. Moving along....


Sometimes, when  I get the chance to change the tv off of Disney for 3.4 seconds, I usually land on some news. 5 minutes in-my day is ruined. Here I am complaining about the yucky weather we're having when there are people buried 30ft deep under snow inside a resort due to an avalanche. Snow. That's 30ft deep. On top of the entire building (which of course was crushed and moved by the rushing snow). Makes the bottom of my pants being wet seem...... Dumb.
OR how about the morning the kid was moving slow and I was snappy with her? After dropping her off, I get to work and read the headlines on the screen about a school shooting. Kids. Shot dead. For nothing. Now begins the freakout session. In my mind, the kids daycare is going to get shot up by a disgruntled teacher that got tired of hearing her name 33 times in 5 minutes by MANY kids and the last thing my kid is going to remember before she's shot  is mommy telling her to "deal with it or get a job". In my bubble, the kid is sweet and crazy people don't exist and no one........Dumb.
OR, what about when I start paying bills? I pay 3 or 4 bills then decide I should go check the balance in my bank account. WHERE THE SHIT DID MY MONEY GO?! I go through the list of purchases and decide for the 56th time that month that I am not allowed to open my laptop after any sip of wine.
Yes-the money is a self induced situation, but that shit is still scary After all, in my happy bubble I'm a billionaire-so you can imagine my shock....... Dumb.




The petty fight.
The silent treatments.
The nasty words.
The house we complain about.
The complaints about loud neighbors.
Loneliness.
Depression.
Disresceptful coworkers.
Disappearing friends.
Physical appearance.
People who ramble on about bullshit.


The children that are kidnapped.
The joggers that are murdered.
The tornadoes and hurricanes that completely destroy everything a family has.
The family member that gets cancer and slowly deteriorates before your eyes. 
The news articles that warn of a nuclear war.
War.
Bombs.
POW's.
House fires.
Fatal car wrecks.
Suicide.
Cancer.
Neglectful parents.
Abuse.
Life altering diseases.
Animal abuse/neglect.
Loved ones whose voices we'll never hear again.

Get it? Am I making any sense?
Did you even read this far?
Does it mean anything to you?
I ramble, I know. It's an unfortunate side effect of my brain thoughts.


To me-it means suck it up.
Stop all the complaining and poor me stories. Be a man. Rub some dirt in it. Today could be your last day. WHY spend it WITH someone who makes you unhappy? Why waste another minute holding on to that grudge? Why let the "if only's" take over your thoughts? Why spend it WITHOUT the person you love?
Why let the outside world influence the way you interact with people?
Love. Forgive. Forgive again. Listen. Pay attention. Be honest. Be patient. Be kind.
Be yourself. And for the love of hershey bars, GET OUT OF YOUR DAMN HEAD.
It means go ahead, remain blissfully unaware of the negative energy around you. Smile like you have absolutely no clue what's happening. Act like you didn't just see that. Forget what you heard.
And live......in your bubble......full of childlike love and faith.........while choosing to see only the good.
 Ya dummy.

Comments